leaving for jakarta indonesia


Leaving for Jakarta...previous On Wednesday night, I went back to hometown after work, just to get my passport. This sounds silly. However, due to previousburglary , I dare not keep anything important at the Seri Kembangan house.  On Thursday, I didn't go to office, but just came back from hometown then worked from home. In the meanwhile, packed my simple luggage. I had to get a smaller bag from hometown as well, coz what I have are all backpacks for long trips.  "The Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta airport. Telkomsel promotes its roaming mobile services to roamers." I met with YH (my senior) atKLIA . After checking in, the 2 crazy girls continued working at the airport. She enhanced the presentation slide needed for the meeting, whilst I tried to finish some leftovers of the other project, after some updated docs were sent to me.  Till the laptop batteries went flat and it's almost time to board the plane, I texted the Project Manager to tell that I couldn't finish yet, but would get it done by that night and send out.  ""Kamar Kecil" which means toilet, was the first Indonesia word I learned." It's been almost 5 years since I last flew MAS. If you ask me how is MAS, I will only tell you, they serve hard buns. Since I eat bread more than rice, my focus is always on buns - Austrian Airlines have the most delicious buns; China domestic airlines  serve buns with dried radish (no butter/margarine), which seems to be quite weird for me. The same hard bun still came to us on the day.  "Near the immigration. By looking solely at the picture, I thought I arrived at Thailand!!" The flight took less than 2 hours to reach Jakarta. When we arrived and got out of the airport, it was already about 8pm there (their time is 1 hour behind Malaysia). We took a cab to the bookedKartika Chandra Hotel .  "A cab itself already took away our 135K!" As usual, I prefer the front seat beside the driver, for photography purposes. However, YH's friendly reminder made me realized that it was night time. Taking any photographs from a moving vehicle would be difficult.  There was terrific jam. We spent more than an hour to reach the hotel.  "We appreciated the mineral water in the room once we arrived." After starting the job, I'm now having more knowledge about the mobile-related stuff. When I switched on my mobile on the cab and still received no signal, I told YH, it's still doing location update, it has not found an operator to log on to.  Hehe, it seems pretty childish :) Coz YH's with Maxis  whilst I'm with DiGi , we did see and compare which Indonesia operator we were attached to, how soon we received the Welcome SMS from our home operators, the contents of each, who are the roaming partners of our home operators etc. Pretty crazy... ^_^ "I slightly participated in a project with this Indonesia mobile operator (Indosat) too." After we completed the check-in procedure and proceeded to the assigned room, we had problem opening the door. I asked help from a hotel staff, and he, again, as expected, thought I'm a Malay. I emphasized to him, I'm a Malaysian Chinese!!  I've encountered such thing too many times. Already used to it. But I still would like to clarify! "Breakfast for 2 came together with the room reservation." With his help, we knew that our speed in inserting and pulling out the card was not fast enough. That's okay. The funniest experience I had was with the West Lake Youth Hotel  in Hang Zhou. I told the guy, I couldn't find anywhere to insert the card. He smiled, then showed me the way - to scan the card only.  That time, I was really quite embarrassed!!  "YH tried to call TS from Singapore, whom we were going to meet up with, on the next day.  There were quite some funny things in the room, such as the maybe-will-explode power socket, two-in-one tea table, lamp without light bulb etc." Before the guy went away, we quickly asked the question we were most concerned with - was there wireless Internet service available? The answer was NO. We then asked if there's any Starbucks nearby, and he said we need to take about 20 mins cab to reach there. We further checked the information booklet in the room, and gave up the hope.  "

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "leaving for jakarta indonesia"

Top reviews